Pen have been nominated at the British Insurance Awards 2019
Published On : 04 Apr 2019
Pen Underwriting has been shortlisted in the prestigious British Insurance Awards (BIA) 2019 for ‘Claims Initiative of the Year’.
Our submission was based on our collaboration with Mills & Reeve to develop a helpline that gives our customers direct access to a law firm if they become victims of fraud. Our panel firms are now taking over the handling of all aspects of a fraud claim once notified, enabling them to notify the banks and make appropriate court orders to freeze and preserve funds.
So far, this has recovered more than £2.4m.
The next stage is for our Pen team to present to the judges on 30 April 2019.
After that, the team will find out whether they’ve won at the awards evening on 10 July at the Royal Albert Hall in London.
The ‘Claims Initiative of the Year - Insurer’ award is open to any claims department or section of a PRA-regulated insurer, MGA, Lloyd's syndicate, or FCA approved broker/intermediary.
The judges will be looking for a company that can demonstrate a combination of some or all of the following:
• Examples of a response to a single event/major issue/multiple claims that went beyond business-as-usual
• Use of innovative thinking/technology to make the claimant's journey smoother and/ or to streamline internal systems to the mutual benefit of the entrant and their customer
• Innovative use of supply chain/partnerships to deliver great customer service
• Evidence of staff engagement with claimants/business partners to keep them informed and up-to-date
• Testimonials from customers will help validate an entry
You can read more about the awards and other shortlisted categories (including the shortlist reveal video by Jonathan Swift AKA ‘Swifty’) here https://www.postonline.co.uk/personal/4105786/the-british-insurance-awards-2019-shortlist-revealed